Friday, November 12, 2010

Silhouette's and Painting


Never get rid of a frame!
You can always spray paint them and re-use them in so many different ways. I have been collecting frames from here and there for a while. I picked all of these up at thrift stores for a few dollars. I have been wanting to do a collage of silhouette pictures, but was waiting till I had enough oval frames. It turns out that I had a really hard time finding them. So I improvised. I was going to order some rectangle to oval matting but decided instead to do a little of this and a little of that with photoshop.

After Spray painting a couple of them. I did a google image search for Silhouette. There was a ton to choose from! I simply printed them out in a oval shape and or printed them as they were. I cut them out and pasted most of them over old book pages. Then I laid them out on the floor to decide how I wanted to hang them, and called for hubby!



The next project today was this great rustic piece of wood!
I simply sanded it off and set up shop to paint with my little Allie Cooper.



Allie was painting with Water color on a tray, and I was next to her with my usual paint set up. Primary colors, and black and white acrylic paints, a couple of paint brushes and my mixing tray. After deciding what to do, I ended up with a monochromatic color scheme and just went with white. Then a added some functional hooks, sanded, and sprayed with a clear coat.....And now my little project is up for sale: $35. My other Chalkboard and hook project is also for sale still: $85




$35
(Pictured Above: Rustic custom painted wood with hooks)


$85 (Give Thanks Chalkboard and hooks)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to BE Natalie...... I mean really could you be more creative ?! I tried looking up opening day date for hobby lobby, but they didn't show it yet

Anonymous said...

That was Sarah btw, you might not have know because I was so super nice

Phil and Bri said...

simply beautiful!

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Idea stolen again...I love the pics!

Anonymous said...

I love "boy names" for girls too! lol I have a 5 year old named Harley and my oldest Kennedi is 10 and I did throw one girly name is the mix and that is for my youngest Madyson~ I love your "door" ideas! I just bought one the other day at a flea market and can't wait to make a headboard out of it. I am making it for Ken's room so I am gonna outline the think edges with sheet metal to make is magnetic and them just let my creativity run wild!

Follow Me on Pinterest