Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back in Business

Well Hello again all my blogging friends! It's been a while. I've had a couple detours getting back to my projects.... first the holidays, then I threw my back out, then I got fat doing this whole blogging thing.....thus leading back to the gym, and then it was just to dang cold to do these projects. Well, my big butt's on a diet, I'm back at the gym, my back seems to be cooperating again, and my goodness we had a warm sunny day today. So to work I went!......
I started 3 projects today and let me tell you what, I think they are going to be some of the hardest for me but some of the cutest results:)

It's ones like this that make my back say..."No, please please no" It is a pain getting these things cleaned up, but the results are always so worth it. All of these treasures that I have, are from back in the day, so they are constructed mostly with huge, rusty, bent nails. So it's getting those unwanted ones out that probably takes up the most time. This one below was pretty shabby. I had to take off some excess things, sand and get it all cleaned up before I could start painting it.



I painted it the color of our kitchen, "Nappa Valley" .....

let it dry, and sanded the edges...

cut and reattached some of the wire mesh, added a hook to the bottom, and a magnetic bulldog clip to the wire!


FOR SALE $60 clip included, dishes....not so much.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest