Friday, December 10, 2010

Cristmas Card Fun



This piece of wood has such great color and character all to itself so why paint it!? I wanted to do something Christmas-y with it, and one of my favorite things is Christmas cards! So I took that wirey hooky thing off and Added a vintage clip to cover the hole. Then I traced a circle in pencil with my trash bucket;)


Obviously I sanded it down...
Then I went to work painting a wreath on it. I used white paint and did branch like somethings wrapping around the circle I traced...

Then I stenciled the word JOY over it...I had to do it in white first, let it dry, then red over the top. Otherwise the red wouldn't be bright on the brown wood.

I used a string of jute on the clip and on the top through two holes....To hang and to hang the CHRISTMAS CARDS!



SOLD

2 comments:

Lil La said...

Oh that's soo cute and such a good idea. I don't have room for Christmas cards! I want it! My middle name is Joy so I should get it!!! Does this mean I get to come see your house decorated for Christmas???!!! Yayyy

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

CUTE! and Love the card. ;)

Follow Me on Pinterest